Job Title: Insurance Principal Officer
Client: An insurance agency based in Nairobi
No. of Position: One (1)
The Insurance Principal Officer will be driving the agency strategy, day-to-day operations, including marketing, expense control and insurance business development.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct regular and systematic appraisals and evaluations of the agency’s operations and keep the management updated on the same.
- Sourcing, managing and maintaining key relationships with insurance service providers.
- Develop and implement procedures and controls that will promote adequate communication and information flow which will solidify management control and direction of the Agency.
- Put to use innovative and strategic avenues to drive sales.
- Approaching potential clients by utilizing mailings and phone solicitation; making presentations to groups at Sacco-sponsored gatherings and other marketing for a.
- Direct short-term and long term planning and budget development in line with the Sacco’s overall objectives and strategic business goals.
- Establish the performance goals, allocate resources and assess policies for the agency staff.
- A key deliverable would be to acquire, retain and create strategic partnerships to grow client base and revenue.
- Giving sound insurance advisory services and support to the clients, selling insurance policies to customers.
- Design and monitor claims handling procedures for timely claims settlement for the clients as well as ensure compliance with IRA and other service level standards.
- Proper and efficient coordination and administration of insurance services in the Company
- Degree in any business related field, e.g. Insurance, Marketing, Commerce, Economics or equivalent
- ACII, IIK Diploma/COP.
- At least 5 years of working experience in a leadership role
- Superior networking, business development skills with thorough knowledge of the Insurance business
- Prior experience in leading teams, with a strategic approach to management
- Keen to detail, reliable, goal oriented, task driven, team leader/player
- Good Sales and Business Development skills
- Thorough knowledge and experience of the insurance business
- Excellent Interpersonal ,communication, report writing and presentation skills
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should apply by sending their updated CV and cover letter in pdf format quoting their current/last and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 28th August, 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!