Job Title: National Sales Manager
Our client, a motor retail business in the automotive sector based in Nairobi is seeking to fill the role of a National Sales Manager
The Successful candidate will report to the Managing Director and manage a strong team of Sales Executives, Sub-Dealer sales among other networks groups. He/She will lead in the implementation and achievement of the National Sales Strategy while overseeing the Business Development plan to contribute to and deliver overall sales performance targets among other key deliverables in line with overall business objectives.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and assign sales targets, including cascading and reporting of the same to achieve required performance results and impact on sustainability and growth.
- Implementing the sales strategy through the seamless execution of policies, processes, and procedures to achieve business goals
- Leading and motivating the sales team assigned to drive engagement and performance and discipline.
- Preparation, implementation and continuous improvement of the departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Lead in acquiring, preparation and awarding of all business tenders to achieve sales targets.
- Lead and manage the implementing of the Sales & business development targets and overall plans to achieve set objectives in line with cycle.
- Ensuring that the sales teams are well versed with the sales policies, processes and procedures to ensure correct understanding and use of systems provided in the performance of their duties for correct procedures and results.
- Ensuring accurate sales documentation, invoicing and participate in debt collection to achieve sales targets which include closure of a sale.
- Checking and ensuring sales agreement progress and invoicing are done correctly to facilitate both cash payments and credit payments.
- Responsible for inducting and carrying out continuous training and updating of the sales team skills and competencies including ensuring market & emerging trends awareness.
- Ensuring that all the sales processes and procedures are adhered to in full, error free and timely.
- Ensure all reporting requirements are completed and submitted timeously in line with process and cycle.
- Execution planning to achieve departmental operational cost budget during the performance of work.
- Coordinating, analyzing and monitoring marketing and outreach activities in order to ensure Portfolio awareness, create leads, uptake and eventual sales growth in line with the CMG performance objectives.
- Participating in the Sub-dealer / Sales Agent screening and recruitment including training and evaluation of their sales teams
- Drive planning and execution of customer experience initiatives.
- Carrying out business projects assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing /Business Related studies from a recognized institution.
- Relevant Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Relevant and active experience and qualifications in the motor industry, with adequate working knowledge in leading a performing sales team, using various Systems
- At least 5 years’ of relevant experience in sales, particularly in the motor industry is highly desired
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Proactive & Innovative Leadership,
- Sales Reporting & Integrity,
- Trustworthy and Self Driven
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should apply by sending their updated CV and cover letter in pdf format quoting their current/last and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!!