Job Title: Spiritual Care, Activities and Outreach Officer
Client: A US- based non-profit organization based in Nakuru County
The successful candidate will report to the Director of Administration He/She will be responsible for planning spiritual care, activities for our kids, and outreach services at the organization.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organize curriculum for Sunday chapel services, Sunday school and children’s evening devotions to ensure well-rounded teaching annually.
- Organize age-relevant recreational, spiritual, and physical activities, outreaches and entertainment for children, both on and off site, with an emphasis on Saturday and vacation activities.
- Organize monthly birthday celebrations for staff and children according to directions of management team.
- Prepare children for presentations for visiting teams and/or various on and off-site events in conjunction with care giving. (i.e., welcome and good-bye to teams, ceremonies, national holidays etc.) i.e. make use of the family units.
- Prepare and supervise all spiritual training of children to be certain that correct doctrine and life-giving knowledge is imparted (this includes video programming, television shows, dvds, books, etc.) and submit for approval to the SMT.
- In conjunction with the Manager of Caregiving, oversee the body-boundary training and counseling of children where appropriate. This includes maintenance of proper records and counseling files of children in a confidential way.
- To plan and oversee outreach activities for kids and visiting team’s weekends.
- To plan, facilitate and program all organization functions including home coming of new kids, family day etc.
- To ensure we have a functional public-address system.
- Prepare, plan and supervise kids evening revision and activities before dinner.
- Responsible for attending weekly staff and HOD meetings.
- Requisition of departmental petty cash for daily expenditures and keeping and presenting accurate records and receipts for the same for reconciliation with the accountant.
- Preparing quarterly and weekly activity plans, reports and budgets for the department.
- Carrying out monthly departmental budget review meetings with the accountant with a view to ensuring working within budget limits and prudent use of resources.
- Ordering weekly supplies for the department
- Perform oversight duties as a Head of Department and any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Theology, Social work, Counselling, or a related field.
- 3+ years’ experience working with youth in an educational or social service capacity, nourishing them spiritually
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a fast paced, flexible environment
- Ability to interact and collaborate on a daily basis with a diverse population
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Ability to build relationships with diverse groups of people
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and multitasking skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified and interested candidates should apply by sending their updated CV and cover letter in pdf format quoting their current/last and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!!!