Job Title: Building and Construction Supervisor
Our client, a US-based non-profit organization based in Nakuru County is seeking to fill the role of a Building and Construction Supervisor
The building and construction supervisor/Clerk of Works will supervise key construction projects. His/ her responsibilities will include coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope, overseeing all aspects of projects, Set deadlines, assigning responsibilities, and monitoring and summarizing the progress of the project. Prepare reports for the management regarding the status of the project. The successful candidate will work directly with management to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with external and internal contractors and suppliers for various construction activities, acquire all required permits and licenses for all construction processes, and assist in development and construction.
- Oversee contractor everyday activities and ensure safety in all projects and evaluate and update schedule for all projects and maintain track of all daily manpower and budgets.
- Develop and assess all project plans and perform a risk assessment on all projects and identify and design resolutions for all issues and recommend cost-effective methods for same and provide status reports to all project managers.
- Supervise all construction projects and ensure adherence to all the necessary regulations and perform research on all budget requirements and administer all change order processes.
- Supervising and participating in preventive maintenance of buildings, including floors, walls, ceilings, doors, windows, locks, fixtures, and furniture
- Checking grounds, buildings, and equipment, recording need for repair and replacements, and reporting the same
- Working with the management to maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Ensuring teams work together to deliver quality work to strict deadlines.
- Monitoring construction processes and performing equipment, material, and routine site inspections.
- Ensuring adherence to health and safety regulations at all times.
- Scheduling regular meetings with vendors, contractors, and management.
- Writing up reports, budgets, and project plans, and presenting them to relevant stakeholders.
- Working closely with architects and other professionals.
- Staying up-to-date with safety codes and advancements in construction.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience.
- Proven working experience in handling multiple projects
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Any Building and Construction/ Project Management Professional certification will be an added advantage.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Developing and Tracking Budgets
- Time Management in handling projects
- Supervision skills
- Project Management Skills
- Performance Management
- Inventory Control
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified and interested candidates should apply by sending their updated CV and cover letter in pdf format quoting their current/last and expected salary to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!!!