Job Title: Head of People
Our client, a leading Wholesale, Retail, and Distribution Supermarket is seeking to fill the role of Head of People
The job holder will create and oversee the implementation of the people strategy and all related processes, policies, and frameworks; talent acquisition, performance management, employee relations, employee engagement and retention, compensation and benefits, and resource planning. He/She will be responsible for leading the overall implementation of learning & development, succession and career management, and mobility programs in supporting the delivery of business results.
The job holder will also provide oversight of organization development initiatives and ensure alignment of Talent Management initiatives to the business requirements and advise and inform business decisions. A critical success factor in this role will be the ability to understand the strategic development of the company and ensure that the function adds value to the People Management agenda.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage HR costs – review and approve or modify budgets. Ultimately, ensure all HR initiatives are cost-effective, run smoothly, and contribute to a healthy work environment.
- Enhance productivity through effective design and implementation of identified Talent programs.
- Develop creative and innovative talent acquisition strategies – this includes appropriate marketing, planning, and building a diverse talent pipeline.
- Build a positive candidate experience, managing candidates’ expectations and maintaining relationships with those candidates who are not selected at present against a particular skill set, for future prospects.
- Oversee the process of strategic workforce planning – examine workforce plans, understands the labor markets segments, skills, competencies, and experience necessary that align to the business needs
- Develop activities that help to uncover, articulate and define the company’s image, organizational culture, key differentiators, and reputation to attract quality candidates and talent.
- Continuous tracking and use of key metrics to drive continuous improvement and to make better decisions, to ultimately improve the quality of the Talent Acquisition & Training function.
- Analyze and compare the level of competencies of the employees with the competencies needed to be successful in the role and translate eventual gaps in development programs, monitor and report the effectiveness of programs.
- Facilitate effective implementation of the Performance Management system, and deploy the end-to-end Performance management system including the appropriate plans for the various talent classifications within budget/timeframe.
- Ensure the whole Performance Management process is managed in the PM system and the link between pay and performance is maintained.
- Design and implement a learning philosophy that will include blended learning.
- Act as a custodian for Leadership Development programs for all levels of leadership in the organization.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the company’s career and succession frameworks.
- Provide professional expertise in the design, development, and implementation of the talent review process that is required to achieve results in the creation of an internal bench of top talent.
- Continuously evaluate and monitor existing and new programs to ensure continued value add.
- Report to management and other stakeholders to ensure transparency and monitor the effectiveness of the training system.
- Review the recognition and incentive pay practices and ensure they contribute to the overall People Management agenda.
- Lead the development of innovative policies and creative methods of working for well-being, employee engagement, and related initiatives.
- Implement continuous improvement processes to ensure that all HR operational systems and processes are fit for purpose. HR Management Information Systems and data integrity, payroll, and employee documentation.
- Advise the Company on the cost-effective operating model that will yield maximum benefits and minimize risks to the Company.
- Ensure an adequate mechanism exists for the collection, processing, and analysis of people data in line with applicable legal requirements around records retention, privacy, confidentiality access, etc.
- Lead Employee Benefits and Salary surveys and benchmarking to ensure market competitiveness.
- Responsible for maintaining an up-to-date job evaluation and maintenance of organizational structures that reflect business reality.
- Coach and mentor line managers to create understanding and meaning for HR policy and the importance of compliance.
- Obtain metrics on employee attendance to ensure productivity that is linked to employees’ performance i.e., Latecomers, absentees, or absconders, and ensure necessary action is taken.
- Conduct regular audits to ensure compliance with SLAs with 3rd party service providers.
- A Business degree in Business Management or its equivalent
- Must be registered as an HR Professional with IHRM
- Post-Graduate certification in Learning & Development
- Over 5 years’ experience covering all aspects of the HR discipline
- 3 years’ experience in Talent process design & implementation, talent acquisition, employer branding function, or learning and development functions.
- Previous team management experience
- Experience in coaching
- Experience in supplier management and commercial contracts.
- Demonstrable experience in managing projects and delivering successful outcomes.
- Creative thinking balanced with strong analysis that can provide insight into the business case, solution, or project direction
- Demonstrable commitment to the promotion of equality and diversity
TECHNICAL KEY COMPETENCIES
- Change: You lead and facilitate the implementation of change and handle resistance through effective programs.
- Ability to facilitate leadership programs, or other programs such as business-related (sales, customer service, etc.)
- In-depth understanding of all HR aspects that impact the business
- Thorough grounding in the sub-functions of HR as well as related HRIS systems.
- Extensive knowledge of the service providers and learning programs suitable for the company
- Experience in the design of learning programs.
- Thorough knowledge of competencies and skills assessments; career and succession planning frameworks
LEADERSHIP KEY COMPETENCIES
- Strategic Orientation: Your good understanding of the business and its strategy enables you to lead the development of its people. You obtain the support of the senior management, Head of HR & employees to facilitate the implementation of L&D plans.
- Results Orientation: Establishes criteria or work procedures to achieve a high level of productivity, strives for surpassing standards of excellence by prioritizing work and removing obstacles for performance, works systematically & logically to resolve problems and choose the best alternative
- Develop Self/Others- You are responsible, take initiative, and are always ready to coach and develop others.
- Commercial acumen
HR KEY COMPETENCIES
- Influencing & Negotiating: Persuades and influence others to take a particular course of action; develop alliances for organizational benefit.
- Process Discipline & Quality Orientation – Adheres to and establishes standard processes and guidelines; ensures quality output by setting up checks and supporting corrective actions
- Personal effectiveness and Credibility: Displays credibility by taking accountability and ownership at the workplace. Constantly strives to improve self by seeking and sharing feedback.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified and interested candidates should apply by sending their updated CV and cover letter in pdf format quoting their current/last and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org on orbefore 10th April 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!!!