Job Title: Quality Inspector
No of Position: 1
Our client, a manufacturing company that manufactures PVC pipe fittings, PVC hoses and PVC rain water systems is seeking to fill the role of Quality Inspector
The job holder will be reporting to the Quality Controller. H/She will overly control the production process to ensure compliance to the set product quality standards as KEBs regulation, production of extremely quality products while achieving very minimal rejection.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring that the standard specifications are documented and availed at the point of use.
- Ensure that the Kaizen SOPs and OPLs on product standards are available at the point of use.
- Ensure that calibration and verification is carried out before due date and the calibration and verification status are shown on the relevant equipment’s.
- Training of operators and attendants on the product requirements as per the set standards and KEBs regulations.
- Conduct training to the other quality inspectors when necessary.
- Verify the cycle time/Kg per hour for the products against the set standards and report any deviations noted.
- To ensure that the process objectives are achieved and a report on the same is generated monthly
- Monitoring of issues needing attention and report on monthly basis and taking necessary corrective action.
- Carry out Inspection of incoming raw material, carry out trial material test, update the raw material & trial material register respectively, update the material status then send the report to the relevant persons.
- Should be well versed with the KEBS updates/requirements and ensure complete implementation of the same.
- Maintain approved master samples of all products.
- Responsible for ensuring that defective products does not reach the customers and are handle as per Non-conforming product procedure.
- Updating of both internal and external customer complaints register and handle external Customer complaint as per the relevant procedure.
- Ensure proper inspection for finished goods has been carried out on both night shift and day shift.
- Conduct online inspection in all machines.
- Ensure that all machine has an approved sample for the running product and confirm the same on hourly bases. Confirm on hourly basis if the set specifications are being met on the running product.
- Report to the supervisor in case of quality related issue on the machine.
- Ensure that the necessary measuring and calibration equipment are available at the point of use throughout the shift and also ensure that they are in good working condition.
- Ensure that the necessary product stickers are available and used appropriately.
- Updating of the internal rejection analysis on daily basis.
- Handle non-conforming goods as per Non-conforming product procedure.
- Handling customer complaint as per customer complaint procedure.
- Minimum of 2 years in analytical field with strong skill in data analysis and product quality specifications
- Minimum of Diploma in Applied Science or any other related course.
- Well conversant with ISO standards
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Must have knowledge about local rules and guidelines and compliances
- Ability to capture data and analyze
- Should have been a Quality Inspector/Supervisor for at least 2 years
- Analytical skills
- Able to work independently and make independent decisions
- Product quality oriented.
- Strong knowledge in Kenyan product standards
- Problem solving skills
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and Qualified applicants should apply by sending their updated CV and cover letter in pdf format to email@example.com on or before 21st September, 2023
Amazon Fronts Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge application processing fee to the candidates!!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org