Electrical and electronics engineer
GODFREY KUYONI MUNYENDO
Postal Address: 92035,Mombasa
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone No: +254724232992
I am an enthusiastic Electrical and Electronics Engineer. I am quick to grasp new ideas and concepts, and to develop innovative and creative solutions to problems using engineering principles. I am able to work well on my own initiative and can demonstrate the high levels of motivation required to meet the tightest of deadlines. Even under significant pressure, I possess a strong ability to perform effectively.
I am looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity in an organization wherein I could get more exposure on my career as well as contribute towards the organization’s success.
Key Technical Skills
• Electrical machine installation, testing and repair
• Sizing, installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of solar photovoltaic and pumping systems.
• Power systems (using relays to perform Transformer protection both HV and LV sides, Generator, Bus bar and Line protection).
• Testing, locating, diagnosing and eliminating faults in the electrical system and machinery.
• Interpretation of Electrical Engineering diagram such as Single Line Diagram (SLD), Layout Diagram, Relay and Instrumentation Diagram, Metering and Protection Diagram.
• Maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of air conditioning systems.
• BSc. Electrical and Electronic Engineering (2nd class Upper)-Kenyatta University
• CPA (Section 1 Part 1)-Foundation Institute of Africa
• Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (Mean grade A-)-Kwale High School
• Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (402 marks out of 500)-Amani Primary School 1996-2003
Computer skills: Mastery of Microsoft office word, excel and PowerPoint
Hobbies: Volunteering, rugby, football, socializing, filling puzzles and crosswords
FREELANCE: JANUARY 2020-PRESENT
I am currently involved in electrical and solar photovoltaic installation for clients in different parts of the country. I am also involved in solar water pumping installations from design phase to commissioning.
AL FUTTAIM ENGINEERING LLC: MAY 2018-OCTOBER 2019
Department: Mechanical, electrical and plumbing
Designation: Electrical Chargehand
• Leading a team of technicians in carrying out electrical installations as per approved technical drawings.
• Organizing for materials, tools/equipment and safety gear for the team.
• Reporting daily progress to the supervisor.
• Organizing work schedules and maintaining worker timesheets.
• Coordination with civil/other trades for services clashes during installation.
• Acting as a link between technicians and supervisor.
• Hazard identification, assessing and ensuring controls are set in place.
• Ensuring that all company and subcontractor personnel are complying with AFE HSE Policy.
• Actively supporting and participating in safety and environmental initiatives.
• Carrying out toolbox talks, obtain required permits and filling of start of shift document prior to commencement of work.
• Maximizing the efficient use of plant, materials and equipment at worksite.
• Attending meetings, inspection sessions, brainstorming sessions, workshops and seminars with view to information sharing as required.
BBOXX CAPITAL KENYA LTD: JANUARY 2016-APRIL 2018
Designation: Solar field technician
• Assessing the job site, identifying and resolving any potential hazard.
• Creating or interpreting the solar panel installation plans, mapping out the steps of the installation and where all the components will be installed.
• Weatherproofing of the solar photovoltaic system.
• Assembling, testing and maintaining electrical and/or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus and fixtures using hand tools and power tools.
• Inspection of electrical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair and to ensure compliance with safety and electrical codes.
• Inspect completed installations and observe operations to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
• Diagnosing malfunctioning systems, apparatus and components using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
• Preparing all necessary documentation and progress reports.
• Overseeing project production efforts to ensure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time and within budget.
• Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Making suggestions for process improvements.
WARTSILA EASTERN AFRICA-KIPEVU II POWER PLANT: JANUARY 2015 TO DECEMBER 2015
• Installing, servicing and maintenance of fluorescent, filament and sodium-vapour lamps.
• Calibration and simulation of fuel actuators, under/over voltage, frequency, reverse power, field excitation, differential and overcurrent relays.
• Taking and recording values of electrical measurements of different equipment within the plant e.g. surge counter values, insulation resistance values, air conditioner pressure, motor current and voltage etc.
• Isolation, meggering, fault analysis and maintenance of generating sets and their auxiliaries.
• Attending all in-house safety and technical trainings and briefings, make suggestions for process improvement and be alert at all times.
• Fault diagnosing and rectification on alternating current, direct current and programmable logic controller panels.
• Installing, fault detecting, testing and maintaining of single phase and three phase motors.
• Periodic maintenance of substation equipment- transformers, surge diverters, circuit breakers, relays etc.
• Installation, calibration, testing, fault diagnosis and servicing of sensors-pressure, temperature, speed, fuel and water level sensors etc.
• Servicing and repair of air conditioners.
• Battery bank system maintenance.
• Electrical and communication cables routing and termination.
KENYA PORTS AUTHORITY: JULY 2013-SEPTEMBER 2013
Department: Marine engineering
• Installation, servicing and maintenance of single phase and three phase motors.
• Battery system maintenance.
• Fault diagnosis and rectification in both alternating current and direct current distribution panels.
• Fault diagnosis and rectification of lighting circuits.
• Fabrication and welding.
• Testing of starters for the marine vessels.
• Maintenance of air conditioners.
• Inspection and maintenance of substation equipment.
KENYA ELECTRICITY GENERATING COMPANY LIMITED (KENGEN)-KIPEVU 1 POWER STATION: JUNE 2012-AUGUST 2012
• Battery maintenance.
• Installation, fault detection, testing and maintenance of single phase and three phase motors.
• Installation, maintenance, fault diagnosis and correction of both single phase and three phase circuits.
• Inspection of substation equipment.
• Fault diagnosis and rectification of lighting circuits.
• Fault diagnosis of distribution panels.
• Troubleshooting failed sensors and replacing them.
• Servicing and maintenance of air conditioners.
• Connection of power supplies to new equipment.
• Replacement of defective sockets and fixtures.
Name: Hezekiah Nyamassi
Position: Technical lead
Organisation: Bboxx Capital Kenya Ltd
Tel no: +254728347620
Name: Douglas Kalambani
Position: Electrical supervisor
Organisation: Wartsila Eastern Africa Ltd-Kipevu II Power Plant
Tel no: +254724524465
Name: Nimar Omar
Position: Construction Manager
Organisation: Al Futtaim Engineering and technologies LLC
Tel no: +971551080610
Name: Jim Sipei Ntome
Position: Operations Research Officer
Organisation: Kenya Ports Authority.
Tel no: +254722757500/+254731141102